As a member of CABI, gain greater influence and direct the global development agenda.
Owned by 49 Member Countries, CABI values the partnership and has an international network representing over two-thirds of the world’s population.
We link members, donors and partners to facilitate regional and international development initiatives that address issues of global concern such as food security and climate change and benefit all our members, and in particular our least developed Member Countries.
Enjoy other privileges and services relating to our scientific expertise, products and resources.
Discover more of our CABI member benefits below, or access our benefits if you’re already a member.
CABI is run by its members. As a member you have the opportunity to direct and benefit from our work to solve agricultural and environmental problems. Your contributions help people in less developed parts of the world to improve their lives. You have the opportunity to shape CABI’s future either through the formal Governance mechanism or other consultation processes.
Current priority areas
- Trade development and good agricultural practices for market access
- Institutional capacity strengthening and knowledge management
- Monitoring and adaptation to climate change
- Integrated pest management in relations to high-value crops
- Technology transfer and exchange between countries
- Protecting biodiversity and ecosystem services
Benefits at a glance
- Regular regional consultations shaping CABI’s activities to address members’ needs
- Voting rights at CABI Review Conferences and Executive Council meetings
- Approval of annual budget and accounts, CABI strategy and priorities, and appointments of Board Directors and the Chief Executive
Find out more about CABI governance.
International collaboration and networking
As a member of CABI, you have access to an international, independent development organization with a network of partners and funders and 100 years’ experience of solving agricultural and environmental problems around the world.
Our shared contacts can facilitate the formation of further partnerships and consortia. Members can take advantage of networking opportunities by meeting with other Member Countries and their agricultural and environmental institutions to share knowledge and experience to address common goals.
CABI gives members direct links to research, access to international scientific experts and leaders in applied agricultural sciences, and to a global network of partners from public, private and civil society organizations.
Benefits at a glance
- The opportunity to share knowledge and experience with other members
- Develop joint projects to address common goals
- Global networking opportunities (with public, private and civil society organizations)
- Links to CABI’s research centres around the world and privileged access to scientific resources
- Free and exclusive access to the member gateway (members only website)
Projects, products and services
CABI implements development and research projects and publishes high quality scientific resources. Members benefit from free, priority or discounted access to a range of these projects, products and services.
Benefits at a glance
- Free access to CABI information products for one institution or governmental agency*
- Free microbial identification service for Member Countries*. The maximum number of microbial samples that may be submitted per qualifying institution is ten per year (with a maximum of five samples submitted at any one time)
- Discounts on purchase of CABI information products
- Free policy and project development support (up to three consultancy days) and special rates for longer research or consultancy projects
- Use of CABI facilities worldwide at preferential rates
- Priority considerations for CABI training courses
- Access to the CABI Development Fund for joint project development
- Input to CABI research activities and delivery of research, development and communication programmes meeting national and regional priorities, including priority considerations in CABI’s global initiatives (eg Plantwise)
* Member Countries in Bands 1 – 4.