CABI’s Crop Pest Management course helps users to apply the principles of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to pest and disease management to real world scenarios. It supports them to make good, informed decisions without the use of the most hazardous chemicals.
Our scenario-based training helps users to see the effects of any action taken.
To the user:
- Accessible – The materials can be accessed online or, using our platform’s mobile app, can be downloaded
for use offline too
- Flexible – The materials can be used for step-by-step self-study or for “dipping in” to support a specific
teaching or learning need
- Certification – Successful completion of each course brings a CABI Academy certificate
To the organization:
- Simple setup – The materials are hosted on CABI’s learning platform, and so can be accessed in a number of ways:
− Directly, via a unique login created for each user
− Via an LTI link from your organisation’s learning platform
- Quality – Based on the award winning Plantwise programme, the courses can be used by teaching staff to build
lessons relating to pest management modules or used as a remote training tool for professional development.
The CABI Academy
The CABI Academy is designed to help students and professionals translate the latest research and innovations in agriculture and the environment into actionable knowledge and practical applications in the field.
CABI offers a broad range of courses:
• Practical face to face training
• Masters-level Integrated Crop Management courses
• Blended training
• Standalone digital and mobile learning courses and materials
Our online courses include Crop Pest Diagnostics and Management, as well as the first-ever web-based sanitary and phytosanitary measures curriculum (sponsored by USAID). CABI creates its own courses and partners with worldleading universities, research organizations and businesses.
We believe that digital media can complement other traditional forms of training to deliver high quality, more accessible, self-paced and adaptive learning that will help learners acquire and implement skills to make them more productive.
Over time the CABI Academy will build into a comprehensive collection of world class training that promotes climate-smart approaches to crop production, and helps to increase the supply of safer, more nutritious food.
This course is designed to support teachers and trainers in agricultural education institutions and in the workplace. Crop Pest Management provides interactive exercises and resources to help participants learn about managing pests & diseases.
The materials work equally well for self-study, as they provide all the information and context required.
The course is informative and educational
Miss. Micoy Campbell, Agricultural Extension Officer for Northern Clarendon, Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA), Jamaica
The course opened my eyes to a lot of different insects, fungi and bacteria that I wouldn’t have been able to identify out in the field
Miss. Tamara Coleman, Agricultural Extension Officer, RADA, St. Catherine, Jamaica
It is an excellent programme
Oreth Martin, Research Assistant, Bodles Research Station, Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries
Crop Pest Management includes key areas such as
- Economic considerations
- Insects & Mites