The Horizon Scanning Tool is a decision support aid that helps you identify and categorize species that might enter a particular country from another country.
- Refine by habitats, pathways and taxonomic groups
- Access ISC datasheets
- Refine by additional filters - plant hosts and plant parts in trade
- Access ISC and CPC datasheets
The tool uses CABI data to generate a list of species that are absent from your selected ‘area at risk’ but present in ‘source countries’ i.e. countries with similar climates to your ‘area at risk’, neighbouring or selected trading countries, or countries where there are major transport links.
You are about to access the free version of the tool . You will be able to generate lists of species, refine your results by pathways, taxonomic groups and habitats, and access linked species datasheets in the Invasive Species Compendium (ISC).
You will see some greyed-out areas of the tool that you are unable to access as a free user. To access these premium features you will need a subscription to the Crop Protection Compendium (CPC).
If you have a CPC account sign in to access the full premium version of this specialized tool.Find out more about the CPC
Contact us about CPC subscriptions and full premium access firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the Horizon Scanning Tool
- Select your 'area at risk' or area of interest which doesn't currently have a pest/invasive species present
- Select potential 'source countries' where species are present and act as points of entry to your 'area at risk'
- Scan for results
- View species results
- plant hosts (for CPC subscribers only)
- plant parts in trade (for CPC subscribers only)
- taxonomic group
Analyse your results:
- Output to CSV
- Link to Compendia datasheets in the ISC and CPC (CPC datasheets for CPC subscribers only)