Cookies on VetMed Resource

Like most websites we use cookies. This is to ensure that we give you the best experience possible.

 

Continuing to use www.cabi.org  means you agree to our use of cookies. If you would like to, you can learn more about the cookies we use.

VetMed Resource

Veterinary information to support practice, based on evidence and continuing education

Sign up to receive our Veterinary & Animal Sciences e-newsletter, book alerts and offers direct to your inbox.

Results per page:

Search results

Abstract

Author(s)
Campbell, A.
Publisher
Blackwell Science Ltd, Oxford, UK
Citation
Handbook of poisoning in dogs and cats., 2000, pp 20-21
Abstract

Between January 1, 1985, and December 31, 1987, 83 telephone reports of toluene/dichlorophen exposure in cats and dogs were assessed as toxicoses or suspected toxicoses after review by veterinarians at the Illinois Animal Poison Information Center. Ataxia, aberrant behaviour, mydriasis, vomiting,...

Author(s)
Lovell, R. A.; Trammel, H. L.; Beasley, V. R.; Buck, W. B.
Citation
Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, 1990, 26, 6, pp 652-658
Abstract

The production of this book was prompted by the needs of veterinary and pharmacy students searching for technical information about anthelmintic compounds and the commercial products based on them. The first section gives a brief overview of the helminth parasites of cats and dogs under the...

Author(s)
Oakley, G. A.
Publisher
Anpar Books, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, UK
Citation
Anthelmintics for cats and dogs., 1991, pp [vi] + 447 pp.
Abstract

Thirty-one dogs, 6-8 months old, were divided into three groups infected with Multiceps, Echinococcus or both cestodes. Each group was further divided into three sub-groups, two of which were treated with 0.2 g/kg niclosamide, or 0.2 g/kg dichlorophen. The animals were dosed 30-55 days after...

Author(s)
Matchanov, N. M.; Parmanova, S. Kh.
Citation
Trudy Uzbekskogo Nauchno-issledovatel'skogo Veterinarnogo Institut, 1972, 20, pp 84-86
Abstract

Treatment of 35 dogs and 20 cats twice a day produced complete recovery in 75% of the animals in 10 days and in the remaining 25% in 15-20 days.

Author(s)
Carlucci, F.; Breghi, G.; Ghinassi, F.
Citation
Annali della Facoltà di Medicina Veterinaria di Pisa, 1984, 37, pp 39-45
Abstract

Dogs experimentally infected with Multiceps, Echinococcus or both, were treated 30 to 35 days later (against the pre-adult stages of the cestodes) with either phenasal or dichlorophen at 0.2g/kg body-weight, after a 20-hour fast. Faecal examinations followed by autopsy showed that phenasal was...

Author(s)
Matchanov, N. M.; Parmanova, S. Kh.
Citation
Trudy Uzbekskogo Nauchno-Issledovatel'skogo Veterinarnogo Instituta (Bolezni Sel'skokhozyaistvennykh Zhivotnykh), 1972, 20, pp 84-86
Abstract

Control of hydatid and cysticercus infections in the foothills of the Kashkarinsk region of Uzbekistan, USSR, was by (i) serodiagnosis of infected sheep and their slaughter, (ii) bi-annual treatment of dogs with phenasal at 75mg/kg body-weight for spontaneous cestode infections and dichlorophen at...

Author(s)
Sadykov, V. M.; Dzhumaev, Z.
Citation
Trudy Samarkandskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta, 1972, No. 193, pp 175-183
Abstract

Either dichlorvos or a combination of dichlorophene with toluene or pyrantel pamoate were given by mouth at recommended doses to 10, 12 and 13 dogs, respectively. Albendazole was given to 13 at the experimental dosage of 15 mg/kg. Pyrantel pamoate was the most effective drug against Ancylostoma...

Author(s)
Cowser, J. K.; Roth, G. J.; Ronald, N. C.
Citation
Southwestern Veterinarian, 1977, 30, 3, pp 286-289
Abstract

Phenasal, bithionol and dichlorophen alone or in various combinations of 2 anthelmintics were tested on dogs with experimental Echinococcus and Taenia hydatigena infections. The best results were obtained with phenasal + trichlorophen (2:1) more than or equal to 100 mg/kg body weight. The...

Author(s)
Ramazanov, V. T.
Publisher
Kazakhskii Nauchno-Issledovatelskii Veterinarnyi Institut, Alma-Ata, USSR
Citation
Materialy respublikanskogo seminara po bor'be s parazitarnymi boleznyami sel'skokhozyaistvennykh zhivotnykh, posvyashchennogo 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya Akademika K.I. Skryabina., 1979, pp 111-116
Abstract

No lasting significant haematological, biochemical or clinical changes were recorded in dogs experimentally infected with Multiceps and Echinococcus and given dichlorophen or phenasal at 0.1 to 0.2 g/kg body-weight.

Author(s)
Parmanova, S. Kh.
Publisher
Samarkandskii Kooperativnyi Institut im. V.V. Kuibysheva., Samarkand, USSR
Citation
Gel'minty pishchevykh produktov. Tezisy dokladov mezhrespublikanskoi nauchnoi konferentsii, 22-25 Dekabrya 1972 goda., 1972, pp 112-113

Refine Results

Sort Order
Author
Geographical Location
Item Type
Language
Organisms
Subject Topics

Datasheet Filter

Datasheet Type
Domain
Kingdom
Class
Phylum
Genus