Our detection and testing service allows you to discover what kind of mould is growing in your home, workplace, or on your product.
There are several ways we can help you to identify your mould:
- Site Visit and Sampling. We can send our team to you and they will undertake sampling and an analysis of the site. Our surveys can include buildings, interiors and contents.
We can also sample from a huge range of objects from machinery to valuable artifacts. All fungi taken from the survey are identified, and we provide a full report including remediation advice where appropriate.
- Fungal Sampling Kit. This contains up to 10 items, made up of any combination of the following items;
- Swabs, used for taking samples from surfaces.
- Contact strips, used for taking samples from flat surfaces.
- Settle plates, used for determining levels of airborne contamination.
This kit comes with full instructions and can be returned by post to CABI for analysis and we will provide a report on the main species of fungus identified. This is less comprehensive than the full site visit, but is a good option if your budget is tight.
- Air Sampling. We take air samples to determine the quantity and diversity of fungal spores. This is part of our on-site sampling but can be a stand-alone service.
- Environmental Monitoring Kit. Like the Fungal Sampling Kit, we can supply everything needed for you to record the microbial activity in your chosen location. You can either use the kit to carry out your own investigations, or send it back to us for analysis.
Send us a sample! We can isolate directly from objects or samples of material/walls/wood. Wrap the sample in an absorbent material such as kitchen roll or newspaper, but please avoid plastic bags, as these can cause ‘sweating’ and mix the organisms. Our expert scientists will then isolate and identify the predominant species of fungi present. You will receive a comprehensive report containing information on health matters and the mould’s hazard group status.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org