VetMed Resource is the most comprehensive tool for veterinarians available.
With its specific veterinary focus and access to over 1.9 million relevant records from the acclaimed CAB Abstracts database, VetMed is the tool of choice when it comes to keeping up-to-date in your practice.
VetMed allows you to access the evidence-based research you need to keep up to date and offer the best possible clinical service to your clients.
VetMed Resource - is the CAB Abstracts for Veterinarians
At the core of VetMed is a database of the published literature on all aspects of veterinary science.
“For comprehensive coverage of the veterinary literature … CAB Abstracts emerged as the best database by a considerable margin.”
- Grindley, Brennan and Dean (2012); Searching the Veterinary Literature: A Comparison of the Coverage of Veterinary Journals by Nine Bibliographic Databases; J Vet Med Educ.; 39(4):404-12. (External link).
They concluded that “to maximize journal coverage and avoid missing potentially relevant evidence, CAB Abstracts should be included in any veterinary literature search.”
All of the serials from Grindley et al.’s (2012) extensive list of significant veterinary journals present in CAB Abstracts are included in VetMed Resource, CABI’s dedicated database for practicing vets. This means that VetMed Resource, by giving veterinarians access to the CAB Abstracts Database, provides the best available evidence on which to base their practice.
- Over 1.9 million bibliographic records (derived from CAB Abstracts)
- Over 130,000 full text documents, news articles, book chapters and disease datasheets
- Over 200 CAB Reviews articles
- Datasheets on diseases and pathogens of pigs, poultry and ruminants
- Access to the Animal Health and Production Compendium - an encyclopaedic resource on health and production of food animals
- Access to more than 125 CABI book chapters
Figures correct as of January 2018
The bibliographic database includes records from CAB Abstracts from 1972 and is updated weekly. Full text documents available include conference papers, journal articles and bulletins, including:
- Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica
- Journal of Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Practitioner
- World Congress Proceedings. World Small Animal Veterinary Association
- North American Veterinary Conference
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association Conference Proceedings
- Breaking news updates, news articles covering current topics and an events calendar
- CAB Reviews: specially commissioned, peer reviewed review articles written by specialists in their field
- The Animal Health and Production Compendium which includes over 2,000 pictures, drug database, glossary, food safety module, parasite identification keys, and detailed coverage of health and production topics.
FREE member access
If you are a member of one of the following organizations you can access VetMed Resource for free as part of your membership benefit*
- AOVET, AO Foundation
- British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) - log on to the BSAVA website, click on 'MyBSAVA', then select 'Acess member benefits' and 'MyAssociation'
- RCVS Trust Library Members
*Please note, free access may be subject to change. Please check your membership benefit criteria with your association for full details.