An essential resource for anyone working in the area of animal science including universities, research institutes, genetic and feed corporations, dairy companies, government agencies and research planners.
The Animal Science internet resource (a subset of CAB Abstracts) includes over 3.2 million research summaries covering the last 45 years, with more than 190,000 full text documents. Updated weekly, the database has over 40,000 new records added per year, including literature from over 130 countries.
Immediate desktop access to news items, full text review articles, informative resource links and over 3.1 million scientific abstracts.
At its core is our abstracting and indexing database. Updated weekly, the database supplies bibliographic information and abstracts for all aspects of animal science and veterinary medicine, including nutrition, breeding, genetics, dairy science and technology, biotechnology, and animal production.
*Figures correct as of July 2021
Animal Science (a subset of CAB Abstracts) features:
- Over 3.2 million research summaries covering the last 45 years, with more than 190,000 full text documents
- Weekly updates, with over 80,000 new records added per year
- Literature from over 130 countries
- Up-to-the-minute access to research developments in animal breeding and genetics, dairy science and technology, animal nutrition, aquaculture, animal health and welfare
- Species covered includes all livestock, equine and companion animals, zoo animals, cultured aquatic species, and laboratory animals
- Incisive overviews on critical topics and news reports on scientific issues affecting you
- Flexible searching and browsing options to help users carry out the search most suited to their needs and levels of expertise, including Quick, Advanced and Expert searches, and a browse function for users without a specific search in mind
- Enhanced search management functions, so users can improve search results using Refine and Related records. Additionally, users can mark specific records to refine
- Export to disc, email, print or bibliographic software such as EndNote, ProCite and Reference Manager
- CAB Thesaurus, the essential tool for indexing and retrieving information that allows users to search the database in a far more systematic and specific way than simply searching on free text
- From abstract to CABI Full Text in just one click
- OpenURL compliance and support to serve libraries who wish to select and customise the links of most value to their users
- Users can also link to full text journal articles through CrossRef and PubMed Central, link to articles via PubMed and Google, or link to document-delivery suppliers such as the British Library, CISTI and Infotrieve
CAB Direct – (CABI’s own platform)
CABI’s Animal Science is an essential resource for anyone working in the area of animal science. Users include universities, research institutes, genetic and feed corporations, dairy companies, government agencies and research planners.
It is also useful for consultants who do not have the support of an institutional library.
- All economically important farmed animals (including fish) as well as equines, companion animals, zoo animals, and laboratory animals.
- All aspects of animal science including research on breeding, genetics, nutrition and husbandry, dairy technology, management and biotechnology of economically valuable animals, and of laboratory species relevant to agriculture.
- Veterinary medicine, including both infectious diseases of domestic and wild animals.
- embryo transfer
- artificial insemination and other reproductive technologies
- bovine mastitis
- animal welfare
- racing performance and others
Journal selection criteria for CAB Abstracts and Global Health
Instructions for submitting a journal and an online form are available.
If you require further assistance or specific promotional materials please contact the publishing marketing team.