Percutaneous exposure to ethyl parathion in a feral Griffon vulture (Gyps fulvus).
A Griffon vulture was found with tremors, weakness, digit and wing flexion, and an inability to fly. An absence of blood cholinesterase activity and a favourable response to treatment with pralidoxime hydrochloride suggested exposure to an anticholinergic pesticide. The bird died after 7 days, and traces of ethyl parathion were found in the liver and from a blue discoloured skin area of the neck. Continuous exposure to ethyl parathion through dermal absorption was presumed to be the cause of death of the vulture.