You are here:
Public, the Media and Agricultural Biotechnology
Edited by: Dominique Brossard, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, Thomas Nesbitt, USDA-APHIS Biotechnology Regulatory Services Riverdale, USA, James Shanahan, Boston University, USA
May 2007 | Hardback | 405 Pages | 9781845932046
$210.05 | £110.20 | €143.15
DescriptionThis book reviews the literature on communication about biotechnology. Other books deal with this topic, however this book with the use of case studies, looks at public opinion data, communication theory, and international examples; to provide a complementary overview of how the public sees this controversial topic.
Table of contents
- 1: Perspectives on communication about agricultural biotechnology.
- 2: Public perceptions of agricultural biotechnology in Britain : the case of genetically modified foods
- 3: German reactions to genetic engineering in food production
- 4: Mass media and public perceptions of red and green biotechnology. A case study from Switzerland
- 5: Genetically Modified Foods: U.S. Public Opinion Research Polls.
- 6: Biotechnology and consumer information
- 7: What do Brazilians think about transgenics?
- 8: Where do science debates come from? Understanding attention cycles and framing
- 9: Opinion climates, spirals of silence, and biotechnology; Public opinion as a heuristic for scientific decision-making
- 10: The hostile media effect and opinions about biotechnology
- 11: Risk communication, risk beliefs, and democracy: The case of agricultural biotechnology
- 12: The GEO-PIE Project: Case study of web-based outreach at Cornell University , USA
- 13: Governing controversial technologies: Consensus conferences as a communication tool
- 14: The Bt corn experience in the Philippines : A multi-stakeholder convergence
- 15: Food aid crisis and communication about GM foods: Experience from Southern Africa
- 16: Approval process and adoption of Bollgard Cotton in India : A private company perspective
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Emerging Trends in Agri-Nanotechnology
Edited by: Harikesh Bahadur Singh, Sandhya Mishra, Leonardo Fernandes Fraceto, Renata de Lima
$205.00 | £125.00 | €165.00
GM Food Systems and Their Economic Impact
By: Tatjana Brankov, Koviljko Lovre
$160.00 | £95.00 | €125.00
Food Supply Networks
Edited by: Maurizio Canavari, Melanie Fritz, Gerhard Schiefer
$111.25 | £60.75 | €77.25