You are here:
Enzymes in Farm Animal Nutrition
Edited by: Michael R Bedford, AB Vista Feed Ingredients Ltd., UK, Gary Partridge, Danisco Animal Nutrition, UK, Carrie Walk, AB Vista, UK, Milan Hruby, Danisco Animal Nutrition, USA
March 2022 | ePDF 9781789241570 | ePub 9781789241587
£95.00 | €91.67 | $108.33
£95.00 | €91.67 | $108.33
DescriptionFrom alpha-galactosidases to xylanases, Enzymes in Farm Animal Nutrition provides a comprehensive guide to all aspects associated with enzyme-supplemented animal feeds. It details the history and size of the feed enzyme market, before describing how feed enzymes are manufactured and employed in monogastric, aqua and ruminant diets.
This new edition explores considerable advances such as the use of enzymes in fish and shrimp diets, new understanding of how phytases function in the animal, NSPase research and enzymes' extended use in ruminant markets. This book also:
- Provides comprehensive coverage of all topics relating to the production, use, co-operativity and analysis of feed enzymes.
- Is fully updated throughout, revealing significant developments such as new methods to deliver enzymes (formulations, encapsulations, and liquid spray systems) and advances in enzyme analysis.
- Includes brand new chapters on combinations of enzymes, antibiotic-free diets and how to measure response in feed-enzyme trials.
Covering biochemistry, enzymology and characteristics relevant to animal feed use, this book forms a valuable resource for academics and students of animal nutrition and production, as well as professionals in the animal feed industry.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: The Feed Enzyme Market in 2020 and Beyond. Ceinwen Evans and Hamish Irving
- Chapter 2: Feed Enzymes: Enzymology, Biochemistry and Production on an Industrial Scale. Jari Vehmanperä and Kari Juntunen
- Chapter 3: Xylanases and Cellulases: Relevance in Monogastric Nutrition – Pigs. John Patience, Qingyun Li and Amy Petry
- Chapter 4: Xylanases, ß-glucanases and Cellulases: their Relevance in Poultry Nutrition. Michael Bedford
- Chapter 5: Mannanase, Alpha-galactosidase and Pectinase. Minor Players or Yet To Be Exploited? Jason Lee and Kyle Brown
- Chapter 6: Starch and Protein Degrading Enzymes in Non-ruminant Animal Production. Aaron Cowieson
- Chapter 7: Phytases: Biochemistry, Enzymology and Characteristics Relevant to Animal Feed Use. Daniel Menezes Blackburn, Ralf Greiner and Ursula Konietzny
- Chapter 8: Phytases: Potential and limits of Phytate Destruction in the Digestive tract of Pigs and Poultry. Markus Rodehutscord, Vera Sommerfeld, Imke Kuhne and Mike Bedford
- Chapter 9: Current Knowledge and Future Opportunities for Ruminant Enzymes. Christine Rosser, Stephanie Terry, Ajay Badhan, Tim McAllister and Karen Beauchemin
- Chapter 10: Enzyme Use in Aquaculture. Gabriel Morales, Lorenzo Marquez, Adrian J. Hernandez and Francisco J. Moyano
- Chapter 11: Analysis of Enzymes, Principles and Challenges: Developments in Feed Enzyme Analysis. Noel Sheehan
- Chapter 12: Delivery and Stabilization of Enzymes in Animal Feed. Douglas Dale, Todd Becker, Michael Reichman and Sam Maurer
- Chapter 13: Poultry and Swine GI Systems Functionally Differ to Influence Feedstuff Digestion and Responses to Supplemental Enzymes. Edwin T. Moran Jr
- Chapter 14: The Influence of Feed Milling on the Stability of Feed Enzymes. Paul Steen
- Chapter 15: Enzymes and the Microbiome in the Post-antibiotic Era. Richard Ducatelle, Filip Van Immerseel, Venessa Eeckhaut and Evy Goossens
- Chapter 16: Parameters Impacting Responses in Animal Feed Enzyme Trials. Carrie Walk and Milan Hruby
- Chapter 17: Evolving Enzyme Applications. Michael Bedford, Carrie Walk and Milan Hruby
ReadershipSuitable for academics and students of animal nutrition and production, as well as professionals in the animal feed industry.
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Differential Diagnosis in Small Animal Cytology
By: Francesco Cian, Paola Monti
£39.99 | €50.00 | $55.00
Practical Veterinary Forensics
Edited by: David Bailey
£79.30 | €103.00 | $132.80
Goat Production and Supply Chain Management in the Tropics
By: Pramod Kumar Rout, Ashok Kumar, Basanta Kumara Behera
£125.00 | €165.00 | $205.00
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|