You are here:
Introduction to Animal and Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology
By: Victoria Aspinall, formerly Hartpury College, UK, Melanie Cappello, former clinical skills tutor
December 2019 | Paperback | 296 Pages | 9781789241150
$60.00 | £35.00 | €45.00
DescriptionA sound knowledge of anatomy and physiology is an essential basis for the effective clinical treatment of companion animals and farm animals alike. The fourth edition of this bestselling book continues to provide a comprehensive description of the anatomy and physiology of dogs and cats. The book builds on these foundations with detailed descriptions of exotic small species including birds, and domestic farm animals, including cows, sheep and pigs, as well as the horse. The text:
Contains detailed descriptions of the systematic anatomy and physiology of a wide range of animal species.
Covers clinical conditions and disease examples related to the individual body systems.
Includes applied anatomy tips that relate theory to clinical practice.
Is written by expert authors with a wealth of veterinary, animal science and teaching experience.
Includes more clinical application examples and question and answer tests to reinforce student learning.
Has been updated with more information for animal science students.
This text provides an essential basis for all those embarking upon a veterinary, animal science or animal management career.
Table of contents
- SECTION 1: The dog and cat
- Chapter 1: Principles of cell biology
- Chapter 2: Tissues and body cavities
- Chapter 3: Skeletal system
- Chapter 4: Muscular system
- Chapter 5: Nervous system and special senses
- Chapter 6: Endocrine system
- Chapter 7: Blood vascular system
- Chapter 8: Respiratory system
- Chapter 9: Digestive system
- Chapter 10: Urinary system
- Chapter 11: Reproductive system
- Chapter 12: Common integument
- SECTION 2: Comparative anatomy and physiology
- Chapter 13: Birds
- Chapter 14: Small exotic mammals
- Chapter 15: Reptiles and fish
- Chapter 16: The horse
- Chapter 17: Domestic farm animals
- Appendix 1: Introduction to anatomical terminology
- Appendix 2: Multiple choice questions and answers
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.