You are here:
By: François-René Bertin, The University of Queensland, Australia, Natalie S Fraser, The University of Queensland, Australia
September 2020 | Paperback | 176 Pages | 9781789241099
$60.00 | £45.00 | €50.00
DescriptionThis book provides a practical, clinical approach to diagnosing, treating, and managing endocrine diseases in the horse. Each chapter uses the same structure to form a user-friendly tool of information and advice on aetiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment for each endocrine disorder. This book covers: - approaches to endocrine disorders; - diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid axis; - disorders in calcium regulation and diseases of the parathyroid gland; - diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenocortical axes; - diseases of the endocrine pancreas and Equine Metabolic Syndrome; - hyperlipaemia and lipid metabolism disorders; and - endocrine disorders associated with the female and male reproductive systems. This book also includes material on additional endocrinopathies, such as diabetes insipidus and pheochromocytoma, and is dedicated to the fast-moving field of equine endocrinology. Written by world-leading international experts, it collates their insights and experience into approaches that prove invaluable for general equine practitioners.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Clinical approach to equine endocrinology
- Chapter 2: Diseases of the thyroid gland and the hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid axis
- Chapter 3: Calcium regulation and diseases of the parathyroid gland
- Chapter 4: Diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenocortical axis
- Chapter 5: Diseases of the endocrine pancreas and Equine Metabolic Syndrome
- Chapter 6: Hyperlipaemia and lipid metabolism disorders
- Chapter 7: Additional endocrinopathies
- Chapter 8: Diseases of the female reproductive system
- Chapter 9: Diseases of the male reproductive system
ReadershipSuitable for general and equine veterinary practitioners.
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
François-René Bertin graduated with a DVM from the National Veterinary School of Nantes (France). After completing an internship in equine medicine and surgery at the National Veterinary School of Alfort (France), François-René trained in Equine Internal Medicine at the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine (USA) and became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM). During his residency, François-René developed an expertise in equine endocrinology and authored several research articles on insulin dysregulation in horses. He then completed a PhD in physiology at McGill University (Canada), investigating the links between inflammation and coagulation. After his PhD, François-René worked as an Equine Internal Medicine specialist at the Equine Hospital of The University of Montreal (Canada) before joining The University of Queensland as a Senior Lecturer in Equine Internal Medicine.
– Natalie S. Fraser, DVM, MS, graduated with a DVM from the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine (Blacksburg, VA, USA). After completing an internship in farm animal reproduction, medicine, and surgery at the University of Illinois (USA), Natalie trained in Comparative Theriogenology at Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine (USA) and became a diplomate of the American College of Theriogenology (ACT).During her residency, Natalie developed an expertise in equine reproduction and endocrinology. She also completed a MS in biomedical sciences at Auburn, investigating sex steroid receptors and patterns of cell proliferation in the equine fetal and neonatal uterus. After completing her residency and MS, Natalie joined The University of Queensland as a Senior Lecturer in Theriogenology. ??? )s
By: Claus D. Buergelt, Edward G. Clark, Fabio Del Piero
$205.00 | £125.00 | €165.00
Olfaction in Animal Behaviour and Welfare
Edited by: Birte L. Nielsen
$75.00 | £45.00 | €60.00
Differential Diagnosis in Small Animal Cytology
By: Francesco Cian, Paola Monti
$55.00 | £39.99 | €50.00