You are here:
Sustainable Destination Branding and Marketing
Strategies for Tourism Development
Edited by: Anukrati Sharma, University of Kota, India, Juan Ignacio Pulido-Fernández, University of Jaén, Spain, Azizul Hassan, Tourism Consultants Network, Tourism Society, London, UK.
December 2019 | Hardback | 264 Pages | 9781786394286
$160.00 | £95.00 | €125.00
DescriptionDestination branding and marketing form the backbone of tourism industry growth, but it is increasingly important that the strategies employed consider and promote sustainable solutions. This book provides a comprehensive set of tools and techniques for branding and marketing for sustainable tourism development. It blends tourism and marketing strategies with practical, innovative information technology solutions and a psychological perspective, providing illustrative case studies and examples to aid understanding. Addressing opportunities and challenges across the field, it also reviews how different types of tourism such as community based, accessible, film, agricultural and cultural-heritage tourism entail unique issues for development.
Competition between destinations has led to a real need for different strategies in order to differentiate the tourism product. This book:
- Uniquely covers both marketing and branding of a destination from a sustainability perspective;
- Considers the role of emotions and experiences when advertising a destination;
- Brings together a set of global authors to provide a varied and universally applicable approach to the subject.
A thought-provoking read for anyone interested in questions of sustainability in destinations, this book provides an invaluable resource for researchers of tourism, marketing and international development studies as well as destination managers.
Table of contents
- 1: BRAND DUBAI: SUSTAINING ITS LUXURY IMAGE
- 2: BRANDING OF SPANISH CIVIL WAR SITES TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE RURAL TOURISM
- 3: THE RELATIONSHIP OF FOOD, TOURISM, DESTINATION BRANDING AND MARKETING – MALAWI
- 4: A THEORETICAL APPROACH TO STRATEGIES OF MARKETING IN THE SCOPE OF TOURISM DESTINATION TYPES
- 5: ENHANCING A DESTINATION’S MARKETING AND PROMOTION: LESSONS FROM MALAYSIA
- 6: SETTING A BRAND IMAGE THROUGH FILM TOURISM
- 7: ETHICAL COMMENTS REVOLVING AROUND POST DISASTER MARKETING
- 8: RURAL TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN EGYPT: CONTEMPORARY INSIGHTS- EGYPT.
- 9: THE ROLE OF POLICIES IN SUSTAINABLE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT: A CASE OF LUX* RESORTS AND HOTELS- MAURITIUS
- 10: WORLD HERITAGE SITES AND THEIR IMPACTS IN THE CONTEXT OF DESTINATION MARKETING- MALATYA
- 11: ACCESSIBLE TOURISM: AN INSEPARABLE PART OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM- TURKEY
- 12: INVESTIGATING THE FACTORS AFFECTING TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE
- 13: INFLUENCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICY ON SUSTAINABLE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN MALAWI
- 14: ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY ON TOURISM BUSINESS ENTERPRISE: MODEL AND CASE- CARDIFF, UK, INDIA , INDONESIA
- 15: KEYS STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE THE INCORPORATION OF SUSTAINABILITY IN TOURIST’S BEHAVIOR- SPAIN
- 16: RURAL TOURISM : AN ASSEST FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT - MERSIN UNIVERSITY
- 17: DARK TOURISM IN TERMS OF LOCAL PEOPLE EMOTIONS AND EXPERIENCES: A CASE OF GALLIPOLI
- 18: DIGITAL MARKETING AND VIRTUAL TOURISM TO ENHANCE DESTINATION ACCESSIBILITY
- 19: SECURITY ISSUES AND THE IMAGE OF TOURIST DESTINATION
- 20: EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM
ReadershipThis book is suitable for researchers of tourism, especially those interested in destination marketing and branding, and sustainability. It will also be of interest to researchers within marketing and international development studies.
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Edited by: Claudio Milano, Joseph M Cheer, Marina Novelli
$140.00 | £85.00 | €110.00
Service Failures and Recovery in Tourism and Hospitality
Edited by: Erdogan Koc
$139.00 | £82.50 | €108.00
Adventure Tourism and Outdoor Activities Management
By: Ian Jenkins
$65.00 | £39.99 | €55.00