Completely updated with new content and full-colour figures throughout, the second edition of this successful book continues to provide a comprehensive coverage of pineapple breeding, production and yield. Pineapple is an increasingly important crop and demand for fresh pineapple is steadily growing; stakeholders in the value chain are worldwide. The Pineapple: Botany, Production and Uses provides essential coverage from botany through to postharvest handling and provides the technical information required by all those working with the crop.
The second edition:
- Contains new chapters on organic production and production for other uses (fibre and ornamentals).
- Includes major updates to content on taxonomy, biotechnology, cultural systems, nutrition, varieties and genetic improvement.
- Explores physiological changes associated with the year-round growing of pineapple in addition to the associated cultural practices and mineral nutrition.
- Considers the impacts of climate change and environmental issues on pineapple crops, and relevant mitigation strategies.
- Looks at the effects of new cultivars and technologies on cultural practices and plant nutrition.
Written by an international team of experts, this book is an essential resource for researchers, growers and all those involved in the pineapple industry.