You are here:
DescriptionTourism and Leisure Behaviour in an Ageing World, based on Ian Patterson's previously published Growing Older, provides an overview of the latest research concerning tourist behaviour and leisure needs of baby boomers, seniors, and older adults. With an increasingly ageing population, industry interest has intensified and there has been a corresponding explosion in related research activity.
Covering marketplace trends that attract the older market, this new edition:
- Provides an understanding of the older tourism and leisure market, discussing how to effectively provide for this expanding group;
- Discusses growing areas such as independent travel, the leisure experience, cultural and heritage tourism, cruises, and health and wellness tourism;
- Supplies case studies of tourism and leisure organizations successfully catering to the needs of the older market.
This book is an invaluable resource for researchers and students interested in senior leisure and travel, a section with the money and the time to invest heavily in leisure and tourism activities. It can also be applied by professionals to improve their product offerings for this sector, which, while valuable, brings its own unique challenges.
Table of contents
- 1: Tourism and Leisure Needs of Older Travellers
- 2: Socio-demographic Variables Associated with Tourism, Leisure, and Ageing
- 3: Motivations and Constraints to Tourism and Leisure for Older Travellers
- 4: Changing Technological Trends and the Travel Behaviour of Older Tourists
- 5: Modes of Leisure Travel by Older Adults
- 6: Types of Travel Experiences: Group Package Tours and Independent Leisure Travellers
- 7: Different Travel Markets: Adventure Tourism and the Older Traveller
- 8: Different Travel Markets: Educational Tourism and the Older Traveller
- 9: Different Travel Markets: Cruise Tourism and the Older Traveller
- 10: Different Travel Markets: Cultural and Heritage Tourism and the Older Traveller
- 11: Different Travel Markets: Health and Wellness Tourism and Older Travellers
- 12: Conclusions and Recommendations
ReadershipSuitable for researchers and upper-level students of tourism and leisure.
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
No items found
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.