You are here:
Visitor Management in Tourism Destinations
Edited by: Julia N Albrecht, University of Otago, New Zealand
December 2016 | Hardback | 208 Pages | 9781780647357
December 2016 | ePDF 9781780647364 | ePub 9781780647371
£84.99 | €111.25 | $143.15
£84.99 | €111.25 | $143.15
DescriptionVisitor management may be considered as a component of destination management at all levels of a destination. It involves a wide range of stakeholders. This book demonstrates current knowledge on visitor management.
Visitor Management in Tourism Destinations provides insight into critical concepts such as the visitor experience, service quality, the uses of indicators and frameworks, and interpretation. It also addresses current issues including the social and political dimensions of visitor management, the implementation of monitoring, vandalism and augmented reality.
Authored by leading international researchers in the field of visitor management research, this book is primarily aimed at researchers and postgraduate students.
· Considers critical concepts and influential factors in visitor management.
· Illustrates current issues in visitor management.
· Research-based case studies contribute to an overall understanding of core issues.
· Covers the state-of-the-art in guiding and interpretation.
Table of contents
- PART I: Introduction and Foundation
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Visitor Management in tourism Destinations
- Chapter 2: Destination Management and Visitor Management: Non-convergent Literatures but Complementary Activities and Issues
- Chapter 3: Meeting the Challenge of Managing Visitor Experiences at Tourism Attractions
- Chapter 4: The Social and Political Dimensions of Visitor Management: Rural Home-based Accommodations
- PART II: Critical Concepts in Visitor Management
- Chapter 5: Indicators and Standards-Based Visitor Management Frameworks in Achieving Sustainability at Cultural Heritage Sites
- Chapter 6: Managing Nature-Based Visitors’ Perceived Service Quality, Satisfaction and Future Behaviour Intention
- Chapter 7: The Relevance of Visitors’ National Park Affinity for Effective Visitor Management in Protected Areas
- PART III: Current Issues in Visitor Management
- Chapter 8: Visitor Monitoring in the Tapajós National Forest, Brazil
- Chapter 9: Tourist Behaviours, Vandalism and Stakeholder Responses
- Chapter 10: Augmented Reality Application in Museum Visitor Experiences
- PART IV: The State of the Art in Guiding and Interpretation
- Chapter 11: Strategies for Successful Interpretation Techniques in Visitor Attractions: The Operationalization of Guided Tours in Museums
- Chapter 12: Using Heritage Interpretation to Manage Film-induced Tourism at Heritage visitor Attractions
- Chapter 13: Theories of Learning and their Application in Interpretation
- Chapter 14: Critical Reflections on the Role of Interpretation in Visitor Management
- PART V: Conclusion
- Chapter 15: Current Knowledge and Future Research Directions in Visitor Management
ReadershipSuitable for Libraries, Researchers, Post graduates within tourism management related subjects.
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Dr Julia N. Albrecht is a Senior Lecturer in Tourism at the Department of Tourism, University of Otago, New Zealand. Her research interests include tourism management and strategy, visitor management, guiding and interpretation, and nature-based tourism. Julia’s work has been published in leading journals such as Annals of Tourism Research, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, and International Journal of Tourism Research. She is the editor of Visitor Management in Tourism Destinations, published by CABI. Current projects investigate the management of New Zealand’s ecosanctuaries, as well as the implementation of sustainability in destination management in New Zealand and Austria. Julia is a co-editor of the Journal of Outdoor Recreation and Tourism as well as on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research.
Tourism Management in Warm-water Island Destinations
Edited by: Michelle McLeod, Robertico Croes
£85.00 | €110.00 | $140.00
Edited by: Ian Jenkins, Katrín Anna Lund
£85.00 | €100.00 | $120.00
The Many Voices of Pilgrimage and Reconciliation
Edited by: Ian S. McIntosh, Lesley D Harman
£87.50 | €113.00 | $144.00