You are here:
International Trade and Food Security
The Future of Indian Agriculture
Edited by: Floor Brouwer, LEI - Wageningen UR, The Netherlands, P K Joshi, IFPRI, India
July 2016 | Hardback | 9781780642826
$132.80 | £79.30 | €103.00
DescriptionThis book explores structural changes in India's agrifood systems during the next ten to twenty years. The dynamics in the agrifood sector is explored in the context of the overall economy, taking into account agricultural and trade policies and their impacts on national and global markets. The contributors draw on qualitative and quantitative approaches, using both a national model - to focus on urban-rural relations and income distribution - and an international model to focus on patterns of economic growth and international trade.
Table of contents
- 1: Introduction
- 2: Transformation of Indian Agriculture Following Economic Liberalization
- 3: Food Consumption Pattern and Nutritional Security among Rural Households in India: Impact of Cross-Cutting Rural Employment Policies
- 4: Food Demand and Supply Projections to 2030: India
- 5: Indian Economic Growth and Trade Agreements: What Matters for India and for Global Markets?
- 6: India: Economic Growth and Income Distribution in Rural and Urban Areas
- 7: Food Safety Standards for Domestic and International Markets: The Case of Dairy
- 8: India’s Poultry Sector: Trade Prospects
- 9: Employment Guarantee Program and Income Distribution
- 10: India’s Price Support Policies and Global Food Prices
- 11: Biofuel Commitments in India and International Trade
- 12: Input Subsidy vs Farm Technology- Which is More Important for Agricultural Development?
- 13: High-value Production and Poverty: The Case of Dairy in India
- 14: Changing Structure of Retail in India: Looking Beyond Price Competition
- 15: Conclusions and Way Forward
ReadershipThis book is targeted primarily at agricultural economists, i.e. university faculty and students interested in the topics of Indian agriculture and the world market.
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Sociological Perspectives of Organic Agriculture
Edited by: Georgina Holt, Matthew Reed
$165.80 | £88.00 | €115.35
Harnessing Dividends from Drylands
Edited by: K V Raju, Suhas P Wani
$201.85 | £122.00 | €159.15
Edited by: William LockeretzBy: William Lockeretz
$198.30 | £105.00 | €132.80