You are here:
DescriptionThis volume provides a reflective summary of research in parasitology in the late 20th Century combined with a vision of the major challenges and potential successes in the 21st Century. It has been compiled from selected papers presented at the Eighth International Congress of Parasitology. A wide variety of topics are covered including medical, veterinary, and plant parasitology, by contributors from many different countries. Chapters within the book consider current research on the biology of parasites, and new strategies in the transmission and control of parasitic diseases. This book represents an invaluable resource for all parasitologists; not only is it an up-to-date summary of research, but it is also a thought provoking look at the future.
Table of contents
- 1: New Dimension for parasitology in the 21st century, T Godal
- 2: Training in parasitology, R Houin
- 3: Immunity to Human Leishmaniasis, E M Carvalho
- 4: Epidemiology of visceral leishmaniasis and its control, R C Mahjajan and K Mohan
- 5: Vaccination against visceral leishmaniasis using a pure parasite protein, C L Jaffe, N Rachamim and R Sarfstein
- 6: Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL) in Iran and the role of scatological tests in the diagnosis and epidemiological studies, Gh H Edrissian
- 7: Differential cause of T-cell non-responsiveness to Plasmodium falciparum antigens in healthy individuals and in acutely II malaria patients, L Hviid
- 8: Iron, oxidant stress and malaria, J Golenser
- 9: Immunogenicity of multiple peptides (MAPs) containing T- and B-cell epitopes of plamodium falciparum CS proteins, E H Nardin et al.
- 10: Cell biology of the Giardia lamblia life cycle, F D Gilin et al.
- 11: Metabolic disturbances in children with chronic Giardiasis, N N Taneli
- 12: Amoebae in relationship with bacteria in their environment, C Harf
- 13: Molecular and cellular biology of invasion by Entamoeba histolytica, S R Reed etal.
- 14: Multidrug resistance gene family in Entamoeba histolytica, P Ayala et al.
- 15: Cytoskelton activities in pathogenic entamoebal histolytica, N Guillen et al.
- 16: Infection sources, reservoir and transmission of Pneumocystosis, E Dei-Cas etal.
- 17: Schistosomiasis and foodborne trematode infections: diseases of social dimensions, K E Mott
- 18: Genetic variability in parasitic helminths, D P McManus
- 19: Allergic reactivity and helminthic infection, N R Lynch
- 20: Protective immune mechanisms against Echinococcus multilocularis, B Gottstein
- 21: Host-Metacesteode Interplay: the Role of Macrophages, J B Dixon
- 22: Epidmiology and epidemiologic research methods - their application in parasitic disease investigation, K C Shekhar
- 23: Importance of abdominal Angiostrongylosis in the Americas, P Morera
- 24: PCR-based detection and typing of parasites, G L McLaughlin et al."
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Encyclopedia of Arthropod-transmitted Infections
Edited by: M Service
£148.30 | €198.30 | $286.35
Giardia and Cryptosporidium
Edited by: M Ortega-Pierres, S Cacciò, R Fayer, T Mank, H Smith, R Thompson
£127.20 | €160.15 | $243.05
Edited by: Aaron Maule, Nikki Marks
£132.85 | €176.10 | $253.40
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|