To celebrate the launch of our new Horticulture Compendium we are offering a 10% introductory discount for all subscription orders placed by 31st May 2017.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Horticulture Compendium?
A new, unique encyclopedic resource of authoritative horticultural datasheets providing global coverage of temperate, tropical and subtropical horticultural food crops. The Horticulture Compendium joins CABI’s critically-acclaimed compendia series, making a real difference to the working lives of people across the globe by bringing together a vast selection of information into one place.
The datasheets are enhanced with data from specialist organizations, images, a bibliographic database and full text articles. New datasheets and datasets will continue to be added, reviewed and updated post-launch.
- 200 detailed crop datasheets, including crops of global significance and minor crops of increasing significance due to factors such as climate change, nutritional security, water security and other environmental variables (new crop datasheets/sections will continue to be added)
- 29 detailed peer-reviewed Key Topic chapter-like datasheets, each of approximately 10,000 words
- Over 700 concise pest datasheets
- 500 country/state/province datasheets with basic data
- More than 1,000 images − for ease of identification and teaching
- A subset of the latest two years’ research on crop management and storage from CAB Abstracts, updated weekly, with full text of selected journal and conference articles
- Interactive glossary with over 1,000 terms
- Report generator function allowing key information to be rapidly edited and disseminated, enabling users to put together their own lecture notes or personalized notes
- A fast, accurate site search to allow searching for a particular species or term across datasheets, abstracts, glossary, and full text
- The ability to filter by taxonomy
- Not included: cut flowers / grasses / ornamental plants / landscaping and gardening
- Highly structured comprehensive horticultural crop datasheets (vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs/spices and commodity crops) including sections on: taxonomy; growth stages; biology and ecology; genetics/main cultivars; key pests/non-infectious
- disorders; uses; propagation; cultivation; harvesting; postharvest treatment; nutritional value; production and trade; phytosanitary issues and food safety.
- Peer-reviewed Key Topic datasheets on subjects of general horticultural interest written by international experts, e.g. Food Safety, Harvesting, Postharvest Storage, Cultivation Techniques, Decision Support Systems.
*Figures correct as of March 2017