About News Articles
The Articles pages within the Leisure Tourism Database, collated under the tab 'News and Editorial', keep you up to date with news and research in your subject area. Each week, we add items of interest from the latest news on sport, leisure and tourism. We also highlight the latest research, with features on new papers, books and journal issues added to the Leisure Tourism Database, linked through to the database record. Spotlights on particular topics, written by CABI editors, provide search terms for further research on the Leisure Tourism Database.
- Articles are tagged to broad subject areas for ease of retrieval
- A searchable archive of articles going back to 2001 gives users a way to get to grips with the research background
- Many articles are fully referenced, with direct linkage through to the abstracts database – giving a smooth passage to further research exploration
- Articles frequently provide links to the full text of relevent reports, or to other sources of further information on the web
- All articles receive a brief background summary and can be selected by date or subject
- Key words supplied by editors help users to locate and link directly through to relevant abstracts on the database
Many of the news and database update articles (previously described as 'In brief and in depth' articles) contain links to related articles, or hints on searching the website and bibliographic database. Please be aware that the Site search and database search language changed when Leisuretourism.com transferred to the current web platform in July 2009, so search strings given in articles prior to this date may no longer work, or give different results to previously.
If you wish to cite articles from the Leisure Tourism Database, the suggested format is as follows:
New ski helmet law puts childrens safety first. www.cabi.org/leisuretourism, 18 February 2009.